Selection information Senior 5 Nations Cardiff 2017
Criteria for selection
Senior 5 Nations[ 25th November 2017, Welsh Institute of Sport, Cardiff]
You must be a British Citizen and hold a UK passport.
You must also be eligible to represent GBR at international level.
You then have the right to represent England Fencing provided that:
- you were born in England; or
- you have a parent born in England; or
- you are normally resident in the England and have been for a period of time (length of time depends on age and connection); and
- you are a member of England Fencing.
- Selections will be made 1st September 2017
- Full six weapon teams will be selected unless otherwise stated.
- Teams will comprise of three plus a reserve selected for each weapon.
- The British Senior July Ranking lists published on the British Fencing web site will be used.
Fencers will be considered for selection providing that they are eligible on the selection date and have a good disciplinary record with both England Fencing and British Fencing.
The first two places will initially be selected automatically from the British Fencing rankings. Third place plus reserve will be discretionary.
In the selection of the two discretionary places and all subsequent replacements after the initial selection, selectors may take into consideration any factors including, but not limited to; injury; good disciplinary record; past results at GB, England, 5 Nations and Commonwealth Fencing Championships.
Where discretionary places have been given to fencers, those fencers who have been over selected will be notified of the selector’s decisions. Fencers have the right to appeal if there is evidence that selections were made incorrectly or certain factors may have prejudiced decisions. Appeals must be made within 5 days after the date of publication of selections and should be made to the Director of Representative Fencing.
Any fencer who is in a selectable position but is not available, please notify the Team Manager at the soonest.
Beth Davidson, Director of Representative Fencing