Representative Weapon Coordinators (Foil, Epee and Sabre) Applications open
England Fencing is seeking up to three people, with a maximum of one person per weapon role, who will be a weapon lead for the England Youth International Squads from 2021.
This volunteer role will work with the Head of Representative Fencing to manage the International Youth Squads currently for U14, U17 and U20. They will be primarily to communicate and support fencers and parents in the lead up to England selection events.
• Support Head of Representative Fencing in the selection process.
• Work with relevant Rankings Coordinators for selection purposes and communicate information and send invitations to selected fencers.
• Monitor and communicate selection event information to fencers/parents
• Prepare and communicate information and results on the England Fencing website and social media.
• Be a point of contact for parents/fencers with regard to England Youth Squads.
• Support England Team Managers in the lead up and during Commonwealth Junior and Cadet Fencing Championships.
• Manage competition entry fees and registration of fencers.
• An understanding and able to communicate current COVID-19 British Fencing guidance where required.
• Management of data that is GDPR compliant.
• Be a member of England Fencing
• Good knowledge of Word, Excel, e-mail software
• Access to and using the internet for information and communication
• Understanding of youth fencing in the UK (this could be as a fencer, coach, official or fencing parent)
• Able to follow governing documents in relation to this role, e.g. Selection Rules
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Good administration skills and management of data
• Able to prepare and publish information on social media, such as Twitter and Facebook
• Able to work remotely and independently
• Good communicator
• Understanding of the needs of fencers and parents
For a discussion or further information contact Beth Davidson Beth.email@example.com
Deadline for applications 31/7/20